How are we being manipulated by advertisers?
1. MacDonalds ad vs. the real meal
2. KitKat vs. KitKat King Size
3. Dove Evolution commercial
Some student reflections:
- The burger is smaller than in the advertisement (and it doesn't really look the same at all!)
- They want us to think the burger it is big, juicy and tasty
- The KitKat King size is barely bigger than the regular size KitKat, but almost double the price
- Photoshop was used to enhance the beauty of the made up girl
- People may believe that applying makeup will make you beautiful, but the girl in the ad has been unrealistically changed.
- It is very easy to manipulate people people through images.
- It is sometimes difficult to see the manipulation in advertising.